VerseOne Switch is designed to empower independent artists and labels and provide additional capital to fund their creative geniuses.
We realize that there are a lot of distributors out there and we know how difficult it can be to choose exactly the right one for you. A DJ who cares about your craft, a DJ who provides prompt customer support, a DJ who understands the amount of work you put into recording, mixing and mastering your piece and is willing to support you with additional services.
- If you are not satisfied with your distributor and want more, VerseOne is for you.
- If your distributor doesn’t provide fast customer support, VerseOne is for you.
- If your distributor does not provide enough playlist offer for signal service providers, join VerseOne Distribution.
- If your distributor charges monthly and annual subscriptions or other arbitrary and sometimes hidden fees, join VerseOne.
- If your distributor does not provide Promotional servicesjoin the VerseOne distribution.
- If the distributor does not expose you to new markets, in China, Asia and other new regions, join VerseOne Distribution.
What does this mean for you?
- VerseOne does not buy your catalog.
- You will not lose streams or earnings during the catalog migration process.
- You still own your copyright and retain full control over your releases.
- You will have extra capital during the tour progression period, promote your release locally, buy new equipment, etc.
- If you are not satisfied with our services, you may terminate the distribution contract.
- An advance is just what it is, a financial advance that is paid to content owners that will be recouped from the monthly royalties you earn.
- You will provide us with your past equity statement and we will analyze it and predict your future performance across all digital revenue streams including mechanical royalties, digital performance royalties, digital royalties, synchronization, publishing and more.
- We are not involved in your physical (CD, cassette tape or vinyl), live performance, ticket sales or merchandise sales profits. All of these belong to you.
- VerseOne Distribution will provide additional promotion and marketing to you and your music during the term of your agreement. We visited Promotional services page for more information.
This process needs to be done neatly and smoothly so that you don’t lose counts of streams or playlists, here are some points to note:
- Song titles, artist name, and artwork must match exactly
- The sound files must be unchanged. The path length and shape must not be changed.
- Release type must also be the same (album, EP, single)
- You must use the original ISRC and UPC numbers (more on this in a moment)
- You must use the original release date
- You want to remove the previous version only after the new version is live on DSPs (Spotify, Apple Music, etc). There might be an overlap for a few days and that wouldn’t be a problem.
- About 5 days after the new upload goes online. During this time, there should be no overlap between a song and an album because the system will recognize the duplicate album(s) and only display them on your artist page once.
- On Spotify, check if the track linking worked. This is actually very simple. Simply go to the artist page in the Spotify client and double check if the album(s) are there. If they don’t work. Please contact us at this point so we can connect to Spotify or other relevant DSP.
What is pre-royalty?
A royalty advance, commonly known as royalty financing, is an upfront payment made in advance on account of amounts that become due to an artist, producer, or equity participant at a later date independent of the publisher or company paid under the terms of the agreement. To qualify for franchise advances, VerseOne Distribution will analyze your proprietary and forecast data and attempt to predict how it will perform in the future. The total advance is derived from this analysis. Royalty financing that is not based on copyright ownership but in a fixed dollar amount for a set period of time provides an excellent option for creators to access cash quickly without losing their creative freedoms.
How to apply
Read the latest hot music news, watch Afrobeats artist interviews, and catch up on the latest sports trends